Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
a) Noted legislative and policy requirements introduced by Government in relation to the Social Care Charging Reforms and Market Sustainability and Fair Cost of Care Fund.
b) Delegated to the Executive Director for Adults Communities and Wellbeing the decision (subject to the Contract Procedure Rules) to extend the current Care Home Service DPS framework for a period of 8-months.
c) Noted that a formal engagement and consultation exercise would be conducted with the provider market on the findings of the care home cost review.
d) Noted that a further report would come to Cabinet in September 2022, which will set out the proposed commissioning intentions for securing future residential and nursing care service supply.
· To enable West Northamptonshire Council’s to meet the latest changes to the statutory requirements originally set out in the Care Act 2014.
· To support the development of a sustainable care market as required by the Market Sustainability and Fair Cost of Care Fund.
· To maintain purchasing arrangements for the supply of residential and nursing care services for older people.
· To meet the needs and demands of residents in relation to care and support including people who self-fund their care.
· Option 1 (recommended) – Extend the current contract to enable alignment of commissioning strategy and activity with requirements of the Market Sustainability and Fair Cost of Care Fund including market-wide engagement and consultation on how to develop the care market in response to the social care reforms.
· Option 2 (Not recommended) – Proceed with commissioning and procurement activity to put new contract arrangements in place by September 2022 and respond separately to the social care reforms including assessment of care costs and sustainability planning through existing provider engagement activities.
Publication date: 14/06/2022
Date of decision: 14/06/2022
Decided at meeting: 14/06/2022 - Cabinet