Venue: The Forum, Moat Lane, Towcester, NN12 6AD
Contact: Diana Davies, Democratic Services
Declarations of Interest
Members are asked to declare any interest and the nature of that interest which they may have in any of the items under consideration at this meeting.
There were no declarations of interest.
To receive communications from the Chairman.
There were not Chairman’s Announcements.
Approved, subject to various requirements to be set out in the Minutes.
The Committee considered application WNS/2021/0064/MAF, for the erection of polytunnels on existing agricultural land. The polytunnels would cover an area of 10.36Ha/103,607sqm. There would also be 6,519sqm of hardstanding, plus a SuDs attenuation basin. Access is taken from the existing private road, which connects to Courteenhall Road and leads to the A508 Northampton Road. Internally, access will be shared with the adjacent agricultural uses. The private road will be extended from the existing broiler unit to the site and will include two passing bays to enable HGVs and staff vehicles to pass. Parking is provided for 25 cars, including 4 DDA spaces and 3 Electric Vehicle spaces with charging points. Cycle Storage is provided for up to 6 cycles. The hardstanding includes space for 2 HGVs to wait. The loading spaces are internal to the polytunnels and turning space is provided within the yard area. The polytunnels will be constructed of a galvanised steel frame covered in polythene sheeting. The proposed structures have an eaves height of 5m and an overall ridge height of 7m.
Stacey Rawlings, agent for the applicant, addressed the Committee in support of the application. It was proposed by Councillor David James and seconded by Councillor Stephen Hibbert that the application should be approved subject to the conditions and reasons.
In reaching its decision, the Committee considered the officer’s report and presentation, the address of the public speaker, and the written update.
(1) that authority be delegated to the Assistant Director – Growth, Climate and Regeneration to grant permission for application WNS/2021/0064/MAF subject to
1) The receipt of ‘no objection’ from the Local Highway Authority, and
2) subject to the condition set out in the report (and any amendments to those conditions or additional conditions as deemed necessary).
1. The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
Reason: To comply with the provisions of Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 as amended by Section 51 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
2. The development shall not be carried out otherwise than in complete accordance with the approved plans and details unless a non-material or minor material amendment is approved by the Local Planning Authority under the Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015 (as amended). The approved plans and details are:
· Drawing No. 00 (site location plan)
· Drawing No. 07 (site layout plan)
· Drawing No. 03 (elevations)
· Drawing No. 05 (hardstanding layout)
· Drawing No. 08 (equestrian and bridleway access detail)
· Drawing No. 50597_5501_103 rev P01 (swept path analysis of proposed access road)
Reason: To clarify the permission and for the avoidance of doubt.
3. No structure erected on the site shall exceed 7.5m in height about the existing ground levels, as determined by external measurement.
Reason: In the interests of visual amenity in accordance with Policy SS2 of the South Northamptonshire Local Plan and Section 12 of ... view the full minutes text for item 3.
The Chairman to advise whether they have agreed to any items of urgent business being admitted to the agenda.
There were no items of Urgent Business.