Approved, subject to various requirements to be set out in the Minutes.
The Committee considered application WNS/2021/0686/FUL for the erection of outbuildings to be ancillary to dwelling approved under permission S/2020/2890/FUL at Land West of Whitfield Road, Radstone, NN13 5PZ for Mr & Mrs A.M. and R.J. Herring.
Andy Smith, on behalf of Radstone Parish Meeting, addressed the Committee in objection to the application.
Mike Edwards, a local resident, addressed the Committee in objection to the application.
Tony Herring, the applicant, addressed the Committee in support of the application.
In reaching its decision, the Committee considered the officer’s report and presentation, the addresses of the public speakers, and the written update.
(1) That authority be delegated to the Assistant Director – Growth, Climate and Regeneration to grant permission for application WNS/2021/0349/FUL subject to the following conditions (and any amendments to those conditions as deemed necessary):
1. The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
Reason: To comply with the provisions of Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 as amended by Section 51 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
2. The development shall not be carried out otherwise than in complete accordance with the approved plans and details unless a non-material or minor material amendment is approved by the Local Planning Authority under the Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015 (as amended). The approved plans and details are:
Site Location Plan (drawing ref: 377.01), received on 3rd June 2021
Proposed Site Layout (drawing ref: 516.05C), received on 17th June 2021.
Proposed Outbuildings Plans, Elevations, and Sections (drawing ref: 516.126A), received on 25th March 2021.
Indicative Site Profile (drawing ref: 516.106D), received on 16th July 2021.
Reason: To clarify the permission and for the avoidance of doubt.
3. A schedule of materials and finishes to be used in the external walls and roof(s) of the buildings hereby approved shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority prior to commencement of those works. The development shall thereafter be completed in accordance with the approved details.
Reason : To ensure that the materials are appropriate to the appearance of the locality and to ensure the satisfactory appearance of the completed development in accordance with Policy SS2 and HE5 of the South Northamptonshire Local Plan Policy and Government guidance contained within the National Planning Policy Framework.
4. The buildings hereby permitted shall be used solely as ancillary accommodation to the dwellinghouse approved under application S/2020/1890/FUL and as such shall not be sold, leased, let, sub-let or used as an independent dwelling unit nor used for any other purpose whatsoever. In addition, the car shelter hereby approved shall be used solely for the garaging of motor vehicles.
Reason : The site is unsuitable to accommodate a separate dwelling without it being cramped or causing harm to the amenities of the occupants of the adjoining dwelling(s) and in order to comply with Policy SS2 of the South Northamptonshire Local Plan.
5. Surface water for each of the outbuildings hereby approved shall be directed to a soakaway or otherwise directed to a domestic water butt.
Reason : To ensure that the development/site is served by sustainable arrangements for the disposal of surface water and to minimise the risk of flooding to comply with Policy SS2 of the South Northamptonshire Local Plan and Government advice in the National Planning Policy Framework.
6. No beneath ground works that are necessary to construct either the car shelter or garden store hereby approved shall commence unless and until a revised method of tree protection is submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. Any revised tree protection method shall be put in place prior to any beneath ground works taking place.
Reason : The car shelter and garden store are located within the Root Protection Areas of trees that are to be protected and retained as part of the Tree Report (reference SB/JS/712, incorporating protection plan [drawing ref: SB/JS/712/TS] and root protection plan [drawing ref: SB/JS/CW]) that was approved in granting permission for the host dwelling (S/2020/1890/FUL). Revised methods of protection may therefore be required if new below-ground works are necessary to construct either building.