The Strategic Planning Committee is responsible for functions relating to town and country planning and development control as specified in Part A of Schedule 1 of the Local Authorities Functions and Responsibilities (England) Regulations 2000 including in relation to strategic applications meeting the thresholds set out in (i), (ii) and (iii) below:
- Large-scale major developments defined (by the Government’s planning application statistical returns) as those of 200 houses or more
- Commercial developments of 10,000 square metres or more
- Strategically important developments (as identified by the Assistant Director – Planning and Development in consultation with the Chair of the Planning Committee for the area in which the development is proposed and the Cabinet Member for Planning).
The Strategic Planning Committee is also responsible for:
- Applications called in that cross the boundary of the North Planning Committee and South Planning Committee.
- Any application where the Assistant Director – Planning and Development considers it inappropriate to exercise delegated powers having regard to the public representations received and consultee responses.
- There shall be no referral down of applications from Strategic Planning Committee to the North Planning Committee or South Planning Committee.
Support officer: Diana Davies, Democratic Services.
Phone: 01327 322195