Venue: The Forum, Moat Lane, Towcester, NN12 6AD
Contact: Richard Woods, Democratic Services Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Declarations of Interest
Members are asked to declare any interest and the nature of that interest which they may have in any of the items under consideration at this meeting.
There were no declarations of interest.
To confirm the Minutes of the meeting of the Interim Committee held on 15 April 2021.
The minutes of the meeting of the Interim Committee held on 15 April 2021 were agreed as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.
To receive communications from the Chairman.
The Chairman warmly welcomed all Members and Officers to the inaugural meeting of the South Northamptonshire Local Area Planning Committee.
In response to questions from Members, the Chairman provided clarification on the process that would be followed in the future should a Parish Council object to a planning application, namely, that an objection received from a Parish Council is not an automatic reason in itself for a planning application to be brought before the Committee for consideration.
Approved, subject to various requirements to be set out in the Minutes.
The Committee considered application S/2021/0380/MAF comprising of an employment development of 7 units (2 buildings) to be used for Class E(g)(iii) (light industrial processes), B2 (general industrial) and B8 (storage and distribution) floorspace, and retail development of 1 unit for Class E (a) (display or retail sale of goods, other than hot food) and (b) (sale of food and drink for consumption (mostly) on the premises) floorspace at land east of Northampton Road, Brackley for Tungsten Brackley LTD.
Marie Stacey, agent for the applicant, addressed the Committee in support of the application.
In reaching its decision, the Committee considered the officer’s report and presentation, the address of the public speaker, and the written update.
(1) That authority be delegated to the Assistant Director – Growth, Climate and Regeneration to grant permission for application S/2021/0380/MAF subject to:
1) The satisfactory resolution of objections from the Local Highways Authority;
2) The completion of a Planning Obligation under Section 106 of the Town and County Planning Act 1990, as substituted by the Planning and Compensation Act 1991, to secure the following (and any amendments as deemed necessary):
a. Payment of a financial contribution towards SNC Job Club of £250 per full time vacancy and £100 part time vacancy toward the SNC Job Club service (index linked);
b. Payment of a financial contribution towards Brackley Town Fund – TBC and amount to be agreed (index linked);
c. Payment of a financial contribution towards bus services – TBC and amount to be agreed (index linked);
d. Provision of a footpath/cycle link to Northampton Road;
e. Payment of the Council’s Monitoring Costs of up to £5000
3) The following conditions (and any amendments to those conditions as deemed necessary):
1. The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
Reason : To comply with the provisions of Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 as amended by Section 51 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
Compliance with Plans
2. The development shall not be carried out otherwise than in complete accordance with the approved plans and details unless a non-material or minor material amendment is approved by the Local Planning Authority under the Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015 (as amended). The approved plans and details are:
Proposed Site Plan Dwg No: 2523 P402 Rev E dated 29 April 2021;
Proposed Surface Treatments Site Plan Dwg: 2523 P403 Rev C dated 29 April 2021;
Proposed Boundary Treatments Site Plan Dwg: 2523 P404 Rev C dated 29 April 2021;
Proposed Cycle, Bollards and Bins Site Plan Dwg No: 2523 P406 Rev C dated 29 April 2021;
Fire hydrant location plan Dwg No: 2523 PSK03 Rev A dated 29 April 2021;
Soft landscaping plan Dwg: KL-477-001 Rev P2 dated 30 April 2021;
Unit 1 Building Information Dwg No: 2523 P1-100 Rev A dated 28 January 2021;
Unit 2 Building Information Dwg No: ... view the full minutes text for item 4.
The Chairman to advise whether they have agreed to any items of urgent business being admitted to the agenda.
There were no items of urgent business.